← Return to Internet Privacy Guides
How To Delete Your Snapchat Account
Deleting Your Snapchat Account PermanentlyOnce deleted, your Snapchat account will no longer exist and people cannot search for you on Snapchat or access your profile any longer. To delete your Snapchat account, follow our easy 5-step guide below.
- Enter the following link into your web browser: https://support.snapchat.com/delete-account.
- Enter your Snapchat user name and password.
- Confirm that you are not a robot.
- Click Submit.
- Click Delete My Account.
More Ways to Protect Your PrivacyIn addition to deleting your Snapchat account, you can take other steps to protect your privacy online when using social networks. The first step is awareness, and you should be aware of the following:
- Even if you manage your privacy settings, there are still privacy concerns "behind the scenes" as Snapchat may be collecting data on users.
- There is often metadata asscoiated with photos you post, which includes revealing details like the location the photo was taken and the time and date.
- Understand how your social media applications connect to other apps, and that data sharing may occur across programs.
- Think before you share: Information shared on social media is publicly visible, so remember it is visible to a large amount of people.
- Adjust your privacy settings: Set your privacy settings within applications to control how your information is shared and what is kept private.