← Return to Internet Privacy Guides
How To Delete Your Pinterest Account
Why Would You Delete Your Pinterest Account?Pinterest is a social media site dedicated to introducing users to collections of images, referred to as "pins," that help them discover and save creative ideas. People turn to Pinterest to learn new recipes, find new interior design ideas, or even just discover a new fun place to visit. Pinterest has over 100 million regular users, 85% of which are female. However, many people are cautious of the amount of data collected by Pinterest, and how the popular site may store or distribute their private information. To keep yourself protected, it might be a good idea to delete your Pinterest account permanently.
Deleting Your Pinterest Account PermanentlyOnce deleted, your Pinterest account will no longer exist and people cannot search for you on Pinterest or access your profile any longer. To delete your Pinterest account, follow our easy 5-step guide below.
- Log in to Pinterest.
- Click your profile button at the top of Pinterest.
- Click the bolt button.
- Click Deactivate Account.
- Click Permanently Close Account.
More Ways to Protect Your PrivacyIn addition to deleting your Pinterest account, you can take other steps to protect your privacy online when using social networks. The first step is awareness, and you should be aware of the following:
- Information you post to social media is publicly visible, so think before you post. Photos posted to Pinterest may reveal details about your life, including where you live or what you like.
- Even if you manage your privacy settings, there are still privacy concerns "behind the scenes" as Pinterest may be collecting data on users.
- There is often metadata associated with photos you post, which includes revealing details like the location the photo was taken and the time and date.
- Understand how your social media applications connect to other apps, and that data sharing may occur across programs.
- Think before you share: Information shared on social media is publicly visible, so remember it is visible to a large amount of people.
- Adjust your privacy settings: Set your privacy settings within applications to control how your information is shared and what is kept private.