← Return to VPN Guides
Privacy and Security
How To Change Your IP Address
What is an IP Address and How Do You Change It?IP stands for Internet Protocol. An IP address is a unique string of numbers used to identify an individual computer. Your IP address can pose risks to your privacy, unless you decide to change it. Many people change their IP address to avoid their personal privacy being breached. In order to change your IP, simply follow these 5 steps:
- Sign up with a trusted VPN service. VyprVPN offers a variety of different VPN protocols and doesn't use third-party servers.
- Download your VPN and launch the application on your preferred device(s).
- Select a server to connect to. VyprVPN lets you choose from over 70 server locations around the world.
- Once you connect to a server, VyprVPN will assign you one of our 200,000+ IP addresses.
- Use the Internet with confidence knowing that your true IP address is hidden and your privacy is protected!