HostingCon 2014 Recap and Video
HostingCon is the premier industry conference for hosting and cloud providers where attendees can learn about the latest news, ideas and technology affecting their businesses. During the 3 day conference Golden Frog’s Co-Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder, Ron Yokubaitis participated in a session titled “The Post Snowden World One Year Later: What Has Changed?” This discussion drew one of the largest crowds during the conference.
Ron, along with an impressive panel of five additional industry experts, shared unique perspectives around privacy and how the Internet infrastructure industry, must collaborate with others who have a stake in its success and to show the world that the United States takes privacy seriously. The video of the talk, along with a full transcript is available here.
Increased awareness about government surveillance practices has changed the way society understands privacy, values and due process of the law, leaving individuals and businesses unsure about who has access to their private information. Now more than ever, we must work together to ensure that significant reforms are made to maintain the open and free nature of the Internet as we know it.
- Marvin Ammori – Fellow, New America Foundation
- Christian Dawson – Chief Operating Officer, i2Coalition
- Gregory Nojeim – Senior Counsel and Director, Center for Democracy and Technology (CDT)
- Michelle Richardson – Director of Public Policy, ACLU
- Amie Stepanovich – Senior Policy Counsel, Access
- Ron Yokubaitis – Co-Founder and Co-CEO, Golden Frog
Panel Moderated by
- Michael Petricone – Senior Vice President of Government Affairs, Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)